Monday, January 24, 2011

The Travels of Tilde


Well, isn't it funny that after a recent post about mail, I should get some? & from Tilde at that.

Tilde, oh what a girl. Oh, this lady. She's wonderful. Fate and Karim brought us together when we both randomly set out on a solo trip to the Sinai Coast hosted by Tour Egypt . We became insta-friends.

Together we've climbed a mountain, swam in the Red Sea, been pained by hives & bus crashes, healed from hives & bus crashes, experienced an Egyptian 'aquarium', doubled our weight in bottled Coke, toured Zamalek, watched a Godfather marathon with my Sudanese pals, played hours of backgammon, toured Coptic Cairo (made it there & back with our flawless Arabic), bought Egyptian cotton sweat pants from City Stars, made plans for our future and then went on a hunt for Twilight* in Arabic (I swear it wasn't for me). 

& now, I've been so lucky to be added to this woman's travel postcard list. So far I've gotten postcards from Switzerland, Paris & Hong Kong. Funny, I'm still waiting for one from Denmark - where the lady calls home. Someday, when I can afford a slice of pizza in Copenhagen I hope to visit my dear friend.

*We found it.

No comments: