Wednesday, April 7, 2010

new leaf, new book.

Minor problem.

I cannot stop reading a book. If one is started, I cannot give up on it. No matter how boring, long, etc - it must be finished. Recently I started a massive book, and it's just not pulling me in (or maybe it's because I'm not into weightlifting?) yet I still continue on and steer clear of my bookshelf - though it stares at me daily with unread novels waiting to be opened. & as a result, I've found myself staying up late not with my nose in a book, but instead embracing my inner potato watching bad reality TV. Which is just ... not okay.

So, I'm turning a new leaf. I've put the barbell of a book away, and started a new one. The Happiness Project: Or Why I Spent a Year Trying to Sing in the Morning, Clean My Closets, Fight Right, Read Aristotle, and Generally Have More Fun by Gretchen Rubin. I'll let you know how it is! Or you can read more about the project here.

At today's particular library trip I also picked up the beautiful movie, "The Diving Bell and the Butterfly" and one of yesterday's recommended films, Munyurangabo. I sense herbal tea and comfortable chairs in my near future. 

1 comment:

Alex said...

Not only have I added you to my Google Reader, but I have also started a sticky note on my desktop entitled "Jeanna says I should read..."