Thursday, July 1, 2010

It's Madly Fab

Not too long ago I raved about my first issue of MN Women's Press, and kids - my second is equally fabulous. I highly encourage you all to pick up a copy of the July issue (I got mine at Goodwill in Hastings) or visit www.womenspress.com

One my favorite articles this month was called Alice's Journey by Lyndall Johnson. Even though I had seen Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland I never took note of all the girl power! Johnson praises the movie for finally portraying a Heroine the right way -- a woman who defies cultural norms, stands up for the greater good, and follows her dreams - no matter what society says!

Emily and I watched the film tonight, her for the first time and I with a new perspective. Let me tell ya - it rocked my girl power socks right off. I've enjoyed the stories of Alice for a long time - so to now see my dear Alice as a positive female role model - warms my heart.

"From the moment I fell down this rabbit hole I've been told what I must do and who I must be! I've been shrunk, stretched, scratched and stuffed into a teapot! I've been accused of being Alice and not being Alice, but this is my dream. I will decide where is goes from here! ... I make the path."

No comments: