Monday, April 12, 2010

Mochas and Confidence

The delay in this London Trip update is 100% my fault. Em was right on the ball... I, not so much. As you may remember my Bitty Sister went to LONDON for Spring Break and had a blast on her first trip out of the U S of A. Saaaweeet. Here's what she had to tell me (& now you) about the trip (I bolded the statements that made my heart burst):

"& now I will tell you - London was fantastic, I was not expecting myself to fall in love with such a fast pace, large city but I did. I loved the fashion of London I could just sit there and take notes and try to look as trendy as them, tights tights tights and  knee high boots. I was in heaven with a mocha and croissant in one hand and confidence in the other I was ready to go explore. My favorite sights in London would have to be the view from the St. Paul Cathedral, you can't even picture the view until you hike up all those steps and you are finally standing at the top the wind is smacking you in the face and you dont even care because all you can focus on is that view. It feels like the city is at your finger tips. It was as beautiful as the cathedral itself. Another favorite of mine was not even in the heart of London, it was Camden Town, the shops and booths filled with gorgeous going out dresses and smoking pipes... it was a mixture of everything in all these shops you would be walking and suddenly you would be finding broaches and lace then a door down would be studded belts and a underground tattoo parlors. It was an experience and I wanted to not only buy everything for myself, but also for you - if only we were rich right? Not to mention, this was where I let a sexy Italian cut off all my hair.  Every time I cut my hair and do something bold I may not love it right away but it is always so refreshing and it makes me feel like I can conquer anything. [Emmy-Bee offered to be the 'dummy' or rather model for a group of Italian cosmetology students. Free haircut at a top London salon - she snatched up that opportunity!] I get this wave of freedom, every inch cut off I feel like I have gained 1 yard of freedom. 

FOOD something that used to be a scary topic for me - ahh vacation, it helped so much. Some of my favorites?  Hmm let me see, I loved all the desserts (how could you not?) I had: cheesecake, ice cream, pie... My favorite was probably the lamb and apricot shepard's pie (flakey, light, warm, and delicious) Shared bottles of wine didnt hurt either. OH MAN, I almost forgot about the CURRY. We went to this dodgy resturant/bar where on Wednesdays (we got lucky) they had a curry special so for 5 pounds. Note to anyone traveling to London the fish & chips while yummy, I'd go with the curry. Another note... their mochas are not that great so instead order a hot cocoa with expresso shots - it's more rich and chocolate-y. I think it tasted better that way ... No actually I know it tasted better that way :)

It was just so much fun that I just smile & giggle everytime I think of my trip and it makes me want to travel travel travel even more. New York, Spain, ITALY who knows where next but there will be a somewhere in my future there will be..." 

YAY! Isn't that just wonderful? For past big-sis bragging you can visit here or here. & - NEWS Emily has started a blog too. You can read about her 'little beautiful things in life' here at "Wandering the Road Already Traveled" 

1 comment:

Kimmy P said...

Wait, I want to see the new haircut!!