Monday, March 1, 2010

2 Pairs of Shoes

This is Emily.
aka: Emmy Bee, Em, mylittlesister
Cute, eh?


Well this lady is about to make her first trip out of the country! It's spring break time at Winona State and Emily + her friend/coworker Kristin are heading off to ... London!

Their friend Ashley is currently student teaching right outside the city and so when the idea came up to visit Emily's thought process went something like this... "hell yes - free housing - worth it - hellllllo Europe".

& what is she most excited for? Let her tell you, "I'm most excited for a new environment. Its time to get out of Winona and not think about school. I just want to enjoy everything; take in the smells, food, sights... Ideally, I'll just sit outside (or inside) have some coffee (or tea!), watch people and compare it to the States."
& most nervous for? "Getting off that plane ... and going with the flowwww in a different place."

Apparently the lovely travel bug has bit my Bee before take off. I asked her where next and I got a list including Italy and a little stateside tourism - Chicago in the near future, and hopefully someday NYC.

Our parents may be shaking in their boots, but I'm beaming. Traveling has been such an important part of my own life- I'm thrilled that Emily gets to experience a bit of adventure herself!

What's Emily bringing her big sister home? To be determined. She says whatever I want, but I highly doubt I'll be getting that plane ticket anytime soon...

Photo Credit, Emily Templin (Sister Emily's Bestie), Thanks!

1 comment:

Brittani said...

this is so wonderful!