Tuesday, October 19, 2010

"happyiest moment"

I probably over-use my 23 year old limit of omg, o.m.g., oh. ma. ga., so on & so forth. BUT THIS, this is a top OMG moment.

Due to my space travel a few weeks ago - I failed to update my lovely blog readers about some of the best news (or the best news) I've heard in weeks, months, maybe even the last year (that is - after gettin' hired).

Khalda had her baby*!!
Anwar sent me an e-mail titled, "you invited to chair our happyiest moment". Wasn't expecting ... "As I told you the doctor told us the baby is girl, but surprisingly the baby is boy." It looks like Sarah Jeanna is out of the name game, but oh well, Ahmed Anwar probably sounds better anyway.

Immediately I splurged on some Skype minutes & called my sister up! Thinking I was being sneaky ... Khalda didn't think twice about it (note, we haven't heard each others voices in over a year) she just goes, "Oh HI. You hear the news? Jeanna - I SOOOO happy."

We chit chatted for about 10 minutes & I can't even begin to explain how happy it made me. Hearing her voice/laugh was meaningful enough, but to be able to share in such a happy moment. BEAMING. SMILING. GLOWING.That's all I've got, I can't form sentences.

Welcome to the world baby Ahmed. You've got yourself an amazing mum, & an excited American Auntie.

PS: I keep pestering the woman for pictures, & she keeps reminding me that I should cool it- she just had a baby. She wins. Updates to come. xoxo

*Didn't remember she was preggers? No problem - here's a reminder.

No comments: