Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Tattoo Crazy.

Has this book been stalking anyone else? No seriously, I use the word stalking because I feel like everywhere I go - it's there. My friends are reading it. Strangers are reading it. People who read bestsellers are reading it. My co-workers want to read it. People are talking about the movie.

& I want to be part of this crowd.

Yesterday, I just had to stop a customer at the Deli and ask questions. She didn't have many answers other than, "If you start it - power through the beginning, it's rough. Oh, and sometimes - it's very, very bad. Like, cover your eyes and blush kind of bad." Then, today I read an article by my dear Nicholas D. Kristof congratulating the novel for  bringing awareness to issues of modern day slavery and human trafficking!

Needless to say my interest & curiosity are officially sparked (even though I still know little to nothing about the series).

It would be easy enough to Internet search characters and plot summaries, but instead I'll just add Girl with the Dragon Tattoo to my "READ THIS" list. If only I had some beach time...

2 comments:

Sarah said...

YES! read it and definitely power through the beginning and make up your own names instead of all those Swedish ones. :)

Ashley said...

JEANNA -

Thank you for bringing this to my attention. Also, have you heard of GoodReads? Steven got me started on it and I actually like it. You can put books you're reading and talk to your friends about them, but more importantly (for me anyway) you can add books to a 'to read' section. I love that, because I'm always forgetting which ones I've been wanting to snatch up! I'll be heading to the library soon for this one!