Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Open Windows

Windows are officially open in the Bauer household. Don't you just love this time of year? I was laying in bed the other night - enjoying the sound of - breeze, when suddenly this bug/bird (I say this, because I have no idea if this creature is in fact, a bug or a bird) started making crrrrazy noises. If only I could type them out - think: high pitches turned low with an almost circular noise, never ending. My desire for an open window was stronger than my hatred for the talkative bug/bird so I had plenty of interrupted sleep time to think about bedtime noise. Here is the product: Window Noise: Welch vs. Cairo - an official list.

Welch: faint campground noises (talking, music, children), crickets, birds, owls, the bug/bird, and on occasion - naughty Ringo.
Cairo: Cars, more cars, cars honking, cars being fixed/stolen/pounded on, next door parking garage, men (talking, yelling, laughing, singing), children (talking, yelling, laughing, singing, crying), the pet shop (cats, dogs, possible torture), pots and pans, doors opening/closing, stray cats (mating, howling, knocking things over), call to prayer, ambulances, TVs, water running.

Conclusion: I miss the Cairo noises and I'm spoiled in Welch. The end.

No comments: