Tuesday, March 23, 2010

red.

Food time.
The last night my mom and I made:

Thai Red Chicken Curry
(it's very, very easy & a little spice is good for'ya).

We got the recipe from real simple magazine, and I only made a few adaptations.
Heeeeere you gooooo:

1. Season 1.5 pounds of chicken cutlets w. salt & cook with canola oil on medium/high heat until golden; remove and slice.
2. Add 2 sliced bell peppers* (red are the best!) and 1/4 cup water to a pan; cook until tender.
3. Add 2 tablespoons of red curry paste (we used powder) and 15 ounces of coconut milk; simmer for 4 minutes.
4. Add the chicken, serve with rice, lime and basil.

*Mom and I added other veggies like onions, carrots, and broccoli (remember: depending on pan size & the amount of veggies used, you may want to add a little more water). I'm sure that potatoes, eggplant, and zucchini would be wonderful too!

Enjoy!

No comments: