Thursday, March 4, 2010

oooo canada

I miss the Olympics already.
They opened my eyes to what I so dumbly hadn't seen before:

I NEED TO GO TO CANADA.

Why? I have a list.

1. Could another country get any closer to Minnesota?
2. I hear it is beautiful.
3. Some areas of the country are bilingual. Oui Oui!
4. When the Elemam family leaves the Egyptian homeland, I can barge into their Canadian home. Raptor's game, ay?
5. Most importantly. I have this magical body wash. Which I took out of Mr. Moodie's Proctor & Gamble gift box then proceeded to fall in complete and utter love. I haven't been able to find it anywhere so now I (pathetically) reserve it for special occasions and bad days. Ha. WherewasIgoingwiththis? Oh yeah, after some research I found out it's sold in Canada. Here I thought the English/French on the bottle was a way of advertising it's worldly awesomeness.
6. Maybe a bit more importantly is the fact that Canada has one of the world's most fair and welcoming refugee admittance policies. I learned a lot about the Canadian policies while attending a documentary viewing at the American University of Cairo (AUC), "Seeking Refuge" All people who seek refuge in Canada are given fair trial, great isn't it? A chance to tell their story. I love that.

So. Friends, who wants to go to Canada. Ay? Ay? Ay?

Something to do today: take another look at yo-neighbor.

1 comment:

Ellen said...

what the hell bodywash are you talking about?! you are always stealing out of that boys proctor and gamble box...too bad im not their to reap the benefits. i always enjoyed my little free odd bits.