Sunday, March 21, 2010

Love 105, 89.3 thecurrent, & Sam Cooke live

Lately, I've been a driving maniac.
Does anyone else love the sparkle in tar?

The hours spent in my car along with their partner miles have been weighing down my itrysohard-green heart with guilt, yes. But still, there is something especially exciting about learning new roads/highways, mastering maps, and discovering new places. I could ... bask ... in the feeling I get pulling up to new destination I've been looking for. I must thank my dad for a [mostly] reliable innate sense of direction. & my mom for teaching me the 'WE' trick in reference to west/east. I would be a lost puppy without them ... and obviously, googlemaps.

I'm always rambling on about how much of this world I have yet to see, but hell, I've barely even seen my own state! Thankfully, with the return of pot-holes is the return of road-trip season. Where to, where to ...

Now feels like the appropriate time to quote On the Road, by Jack Kerouac (1955, p. 20), "He took his time coming over. 'You boys going to get somewhere, or just going?' We didn't understand his question, and it was a dammed good question."

No comments: