Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Something Old

Do you ever just need some inspiration?
I sure do.

Normally my mind goes like this: inspiration = new.

How could I possibly find a fresh idea in something I've already experienced? Then starts the seeking out of new art exhibits, books, parks, clothes, places to travel ...

This week though, I've found my inspiration in the comforts of old (and been loving it).

The streets, restaurants, and overall culture of Ames and Des Moines have reminded me of the beauty in the known. & at the same time, the beauty in the unknown - for it's important to remember that there was a day when I knew not a soul nor street in this state.
A simple re-evaluation of past internships, travels, and jobs has increased my confidence, excitement, and worth which have all been slipping from my grasp for far too long.
Most importantly, I've discovered a new, refreshed, proactive sense of motivation after bottomless cups of coffee with good conversation and old friends.

& to think, I've had all these revelations in old clothes. :)

Something to do Today: Appreciate the things that are right under your nose.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sweet memories, good times with awesome friends, hope you are having a great time in Iowa! Always see the positive, faith & hope will carry you. Have a safe trip home.

Linda said...

Anonymous = Linda
(Pressed the wrong button)