Monday, November 2, 2009

Dirty Rain

After spending too long washing my clothes in the semi-automatic washing machine (dirty water digging, rinsing, hanging them on the line, etc). It decided to rain in Cairo. You can see every polluted drop that hit my clothes in the approximately 30 seconds it rained.

& now, I just saw/tried to kill the biggest living bug I've ever seen. It was crawling around in the kitchen. (The fact that I was even in there is quite the feat as I've been avoiding that half of the apartment - rumor has it we have a mouse) I wanted some crackers that Khalda and I have been saving. When I opened the new package - ants came crawling out. I am now finding them on my body.

These are examples of my exciting parts of the day.

There are moments - when 12 days seems like an eternity.

1 comment:

Linda said...

Hi Jeanna,
We are all looking forward to you coming home!! We miss you and think of you often, keeping you in our prayers.